KARACHI, Pakistan – The auto industry here is scrambling to close the gap between supply and demand that has new car buyers waiting two to six months to take delivery. The shortfall is pegged at 40,000 vehicles and has some manufacturers reportedly looking to double production here. The market is expected to push local production toward 150,000 units this year and on to 200,000 vehicles in 2006, depending on economic conditions and government policy. Suzuki Baleno 1.6 Kenichi ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.