GOTHENBURG, Sweden – The first thing Steve Mattin did when he became Volvo Car's design chief was borrow an XC90 and spend three weeks driving 1,864 miles (3,000 km) around New Zealand. “It was a great opportunity to get to know Volvo and the car,” he says. Volvo Design Chief Steve Mattin Now Mattin, who reported to Volvo on May 1 after 17 years with Mercedes-Benz, is immersing himself in the company's design culture. Mattin supervises a design studio here and two others in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.