TURIN — Although Volvo Car's Safety Concept Car (SCC), unveiled in Detroit and most recently shown in Geneva, began as a safety car, the attractive model now is firmly in Volvo's future plans as one of many successors to the S40/V40. Volvo design boss Peter Horbury says a sedan and wagon already are in the picture, but the automaker hopes to stretch the platform to a hatchback as well. Fiat SpA's Alfa 147 is a good target. “It exudes a higher value than a basic 3-door hatch,” he says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.