The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. opens four separate investigations into Ford Motor Co.’s ’00-’01 Focus. The investigations were prompted by reports of airbags deploying during low-speed crashes and catching fire after inflating, affecting 575,000 ’00 and ’01 cars; engine compartment fires in the area of the battery and failure of the rear-wheel bearings, causing drivers to lose control. The latter two problems affect only ’00 models. Ford says it is cooperating with NHTSA. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.