The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. proposes requirements for in-vehicle black boxes, effective 2008, although the agency stops short of mandating their installation. NHTSA is proposing that event data recorders (EDR), which are designed to detect a crash and save several seconds of data before during and after impact, record a standardized amount of federally mandated data. In addition, the agency calls on auto makers to increase the durability of EDRs, inform consumers of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.