The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. upgrades regulations on power window switches designed to prevent accidental window closing by children. Auto makers will be required to abandon so-called rocker or toggle controls by the ’09 model year and replace them with controls that are considered safer, such as recessed or pull-up/push-down switches requiring operators to lift the switch to close a window. Rocker and toggle switches, which need to be pushed downward to close the window, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.