Sport/utility vehicles (SUVs), light trucks and vans are twice as likely to cause a fatality when striking a passenger car of comparable weight, the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. (NHTSA) says in a study released last week. “While (light trucks and vans) account for about one-third of all registered vehicles, they are involved in about half of all fatalities with passenger cars,” says William T. Hollowell, chief of NHTSA's crashworthiness division. He says 2,000 car occupants that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.