The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. is upgrading its investigation into possible airbag defects on Ford Motor Co.’s Focus small car. NHTSA says it has received 130 complaints of people being burned from the vehicle’s airbags and 18 reports that when the airbags deployed other parts of the vehicle caught on fire. The investigation includes 576,000 ’00- and ’01-model Focuses. NHTSA says it will subject the vehicles to an engineering analysis, which usually comes before a formal ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.