The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. reportedly is upgrading its investigation into engine compartment fires in Ford Motor Co.’s Focus model. The investigation covers all Focuses sold in the U.S. since 2000, about 690,000 units. NHTSA began the investigation in March amid complaints from owners of fires around the battery. NHTSA says it has received more complaints since then, and Ford also reports receiving 61 similar complaints and 286 warranty claims stemming from fires. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.