China’s Baoshan Iron and Steel Company Ltd. (Baosteel) and the Tokyo-based Nippon Steel Corp. sign a letter of intent to begin joint development. The two steel powerhouses plan to jointly develop a cold-rolled strip mill, which now is under construction to produce 1,800-mm (71-in.) cold-rolled steel. The mill is expected to cost RMB6.5 billion ($785 million). Baosteel will hold a 50% share while the rest will be held by foreign partners. Nippon Steel will control up to 35% of total ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.