Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. reportedly will assemble its Altima hybrid model at its Smyrna, TN, plant. Production of the '07 model is slated to begin next year. Nissan is investing $10.4 million to add the gas-electric vehicle to its Smyrna line, which already builds the gasoline-powered Altima sedan, as well as the Maxima sedan, Xterra and Pathfinder SUVs and Frontier compact pickup truck. Smyrna's existing employees will be trained to build the hybrid, as will workers at its nearby Decherd ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.