SAO PAULO-- Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. in Brazil says it plans to build its Frontier pickup truck and Xterra SUV here, in addition to a subcompact entry-level car -- the segment that dominates the Brazilian market with 75% of sales. Nissan does not want to be known as a factory that operates only in niches with low volumes, says Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn during an appearance here. The auto maker is aiming at a 4% market niche by 2010, although it currently has a mere 0.10% share with 1,500 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.