Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. is calling back 188,000 ’01 and ’02 Frontier and Xterra models for various problems in three separate actions. Nissan is recalling about 5,000 ’02 Frontiers and Xterras because of a faulty engine controller. Some 143,000 ’01 Frontiers and Xterras with 4-wheel drive are being called back because water can enter the rear axle, which could cause the wheel bearing to rust and break. Finally, some 40,000 ’01 Frontiers and Xterras built from October 2000 to January 2001 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.