Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s Malaysian distributor, Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd, says its new 191 million ringgit ($54.6 million) assembly plant will have an annual capacity of 14,400 units when it begins operation in the second quarter. Ang Bon Beng, Tan Chong executive director, tells the Financial Daily he expects the plant to boost Nissan’s market share in the non-national passenger-car segment. Tan Chong sold 7,333 passenger cars in Malaysia last year, placing it third in the non-national car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.