Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. reportedly will invest $100 million to expand its Egyptian operations. Some $60 million is set aside for 2005, when Nissan will begin local production of the Sunny sedan in the summer. X-Trail SUV assembly will follow. Nissan, which began operations in Egypt in December 1997, says an existing Cairo facility is being purchased and will be remodeled. Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn says Egypt is an important market, both for local business and as an export base for North ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.