SANTA MONICA, CA – Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and its subsidiary, Japanese transmission supplier Jatco Inc., are developing an advanced automatic transmission, a company source tells Ward’s. “It will be (available) soon” in a production model, the source says, adding the transmission will have at least six gears but not a dual-clutch system, such as Volkwagen AG’s Direct-Shift Gearbox. Up to now, Nissan’s most advanced automatic transmission has been a 5-speed, offered in its Infiniti luxury ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.