MUMBAI – Japan’s Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. will join Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. and Renault SA in a Rs40 billion ($905 million) multi-vehicle plant located south of Chennai. “The project, a unique industrial complex, will provide vehicle production for each car maker, plus a powertrain facility for Renault and Nissan,” the auto makers say in a joint statement. The Indian government will provide 1,100 acres (375 ha) for the new facility, which will employ 5,000 workers when production ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.