Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s Powertrain Assembly Plant in Decherd, TN, launches production Aug. 2 of the 4L DOHC V-6 engine for the first U.S.-built Pathfinder SUV. The new 260-hp engine, based on Nissan’s existing VQ engine series, also will be featured in the ’05 Frontier pickup truck and ’05 Xterra SUV. The new V-6 has a longer stroke than the existing 3.5L V-6 and is specifically tuned for SUV and truck applications, Nissan says. Decherd has a capacity for 950,000 engines annually, as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.