Nissan North America Inc. says it is studying moving production of its Quest minivan from its Canton, MS, plant to a Japanese facility. The move reportedly would make room for a heavy-duty version of the Titan fullsize pickup truck, also assembled at Canton. Last year, the Quest comprised 11.9% of Canton’s 341,210-unit output, a Nissan spokesman says. Canton’s total capacity is 400,000 units annually. Nissan has long discussed adding a heavy-duty version of the Titan to boost sales, as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.