ZAMA, Japan – Masahiko Otsuka remains upbeat about electric cars even in the current down market. That’s no surprise, given Otsuka is the president of Automotive Energy Supply Corp., Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s fledgling battery joint venture with NEC Corp. and its NEC Tokin Corp. subsidiary, and is getting ready to open the supplier’s first lithium-ion battery plant right on schedule in April. The ¥12 billion ($123 million) facility, currently completing final production trials, is located ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.