Nissan North America Inc. makes history as it begins production of engines to be shipped to Japan for the next-generation Infiniti QX56 fullsize luxury SUV to be manufactured there. The engine is a 5.6L V-8 with 320 hp and 393 lb.-ft. (533 Nm) of torque, similar to the mill offered in the Nissan Titan fullsize pickup and Armada SUV. The auto maker’s Decherd, TN, plant is building the V-8, marking the first time Nissan has exported a U.S. engine to Japan. Decherd Director and Plant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.