Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. officials say construction is on schedule at the auto maker’s forthcoming Canton, MS, plant – for the time being. That’s because the State of Mississippi has yet to secure the entire plant site, causing snags in the building plan that have yet to be ironed out. The $930 million plant, slated to open in about a year, will produce a minivan, two SUVs and a fullsize pickup. Nissan’s plan is for the facility to sit on a 1,400-acre (566-ha) site, 27 acres ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.