SMYRNA, TN – The first trial production runs of the ’04 Maxima begin next month at Nissan North America Inc.’s assembly plant here. Smyrna, which will build the next-generation Maxima alongside the Altima sedan, Xterra SUV and Frontier pickup, plans to hire up to 1,000 new workers to accommodate Maxima production, which moves to the facility from Japan in January 2003. The shift will hike production capacity by as much as 100,000 units annually. The Frontier pickup is one of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.