Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. in Japan is calling back some 83,687 Elgrand series minivans due to a parking brake problem. Included in the recall are Elgrands, Caravan Elgrands, and Homy Elgrands, as well as Fillys and Fargo Fillys supplied to Isuzu Motors Ltd. All were made between March 1999 and March 2001. Nissan says the outer surface of the parking brake cable could crack in cold weather, leading to the inner wire breaking.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.