NASHVILLE – Due next year as an ’08 model, the new Rogue represents Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s first foray into the growing small cross/utility vehicle market in the U.S. It is a segment from which Nissan has been notably absent, as competitors Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. Ltd. have dominated the sector with the RAV4 and CR-V, respectively, for at least nine years running. “(Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn) said we’re going to be present in every segment where we can compete profitably. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.