DECHERD, TN – In its 11th year of operation, Nissan North America Inc.’s Decherd plant adds aluminum casting capability this month – the final piece needed to become a full-service engine manufacturer. “We now have assembly, machining, forging and casting,” says Gary Edwards, director-engineering and quality assurance in powertrain assembly. “As we grow casting and forging, dictated of course by economics, we will gradually reduce, even eliminate, logistic costs from Japan, Mexico and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.