MUMBAI – Nissan Motor Co Ltd.’s India strategy now is clearly visible. The Japanese auto maker is bent on becoming both a formidable player in India and a global player in the market for low-cost cars, using local manufacturing to achieve both goals. The strategy contains four key elements. Considered a long-term objective is to have a low-cost car in production within two years at the Nissan-Renault SA-Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. joint venture plant in Chennai. The vehicle would be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.