Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. says it will add production of its all-new, next-generation Pathfinder SUV to its Smyrna, TN, plant in fall 2004. Some 800 new jobs will be created at Smyrna and the Decherd, TN, powertrain plant. Additionally, some 700 new indirect jobs will be created at the on-site operations of Smyrna and Decherd’s suppliers and contractors. Annual production capacity at Smyrna will rise to 550,000 units (two platforms, five models), including 300,000 trucks and SUVs and 250,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.