TOKYO — Lost in a sea of oddities at the Tokyo Motor Show held here in October is a proposal from Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. for a neat and efficient all-wheel-drive system. The company dubs it E4WD and unveils it in the mm concept, which in production will serve as the basis for Nissan’s next-generation March/Micra. Display in the subcompact mm showcases E4WD’s greatest benefit: small size and weight, resulting in ease of packaging. E4WD is an on-demand system. When the front wheels slip, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.