SEATTLE – A lot is riding on the launch of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s all-new Pathfinder, namely the reputation of the auto maker, which until recently was a quality frontrunner in the U.S. market. The new-generation ’05 Pathfinder begins volume production Aug. 30 at Nissan’s manufacturing plant in Smyrna, TN. While it is slated to have Nissan’s standard 4- to 6-week quality hold, the auto maker recognizes it cannot afford problems such as those that have plagued its Canton, MS-made models. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.