FARMINGTON HILLS, MI – In an effort to better separate its two smallest cars and boost their sales, Nissan North America Inc. is making some changes for next year, a company official tells Ward’s. For ’09, Nissan will drop the continuously variable transmission from its Versa SL sedan, offering a 4-speed automatic in the car instead, Larry Dominique, senior vice president-product planning, says at Nissan’s suburban-Detroit technical center here. Dominique says the move should help ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.