NEW YORK – Nissan raises the curtain on the next stage of development of what promises to be a global taxi, even though it was inspired by New York's desire to create a more fuel-efficient, environmentally friendly and convenient people carrier. The Nissan NV200 is scheduled to launch in late 2013 and become the exclusive taxi in New York over the following three to five years. The 13,237 taxis now on Big Apple streets carry 600,000 riders daily. “The city desires a taxi that is as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.