LOS ANGELES – BMW of North America LLC says it has no plans to offer all-wheel drive on its current 7-Series flagship sedan. However, the auto maker says the option likely will be available on the next-generation 7-Series, due out in three to four years. BMW will not offer AWD on current 7-Series. “There aren’t plans to bring the current 7 as an all-wheel drive vehicle,” Tom Purves, president and CEO of BMW North America, tells Ward’s. “It wouldn’t make sense at this stage of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.