MODENA, Italy – Maserati SpA says it has no plans to offer all-wheel-drive for its ’05 Quattroporte sedan, even though the company has a technical alliance with Audi AG. Maserati won’t offer AWD or fully automatic gearbox on new Quattroporte. The auto maker also says its is not possible to offer a fully automatic transmission on the new car. That’s because the configuration of the Quattroporte’s drivetrain using a rear transaxle integral with the differential, prohibits the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.