Don't expect an Odyssey-based sport/utility vehicle (SUV) from Honda Motor Co. Ltd. until at least the '01 model year, says Jim Miller, senior vice president of corporate affairs for Honda Canada Mfg. While Honda has not confirmed the SUV, Mr. Miller admits the company is studying it seriously. The problem, he says, is capacity. If Odyssey sales remain strong, the automaker won't have anywhere to build the vehicle. The plan is to build it in North America if it's approved. As for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.