PALO ALTO, CA – Despite rumors to the contrary, Hyundai Motor America President and CEO John Krafcik says the auto maker has zero interest in offering a pickup truck in the U.S. market. At the media introduction of the Equus luxury sedan here, Krafcik tells Ward’s he is puzzled by periodic speculation about Hyundai introducing a pickup truck. He says the auto maker never seriously has considered making such a move and that a pickup does not fit with the auto maker’s brand and market ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.