The head of powdered metals parts manufacturer GKN Sinter Metals insists the buying spree by parent GKN plc is helping the industry and says acquisitions will continue even though it has bought 20 operations since 1997, including a controversial purchase of the largest U.S. powdered metals material producer Hoeganaes Corp. “The weakness of the industry is that not enough money is being spent on innovation,” says Seifi Ghasemi, president and chief executive officer of GKN Sinter Metals, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.