Analysis Ford Motor Co. grabbed headlines by beating General Motors Co. in total monthly vehicle sales in the U.S. for the first time in more than a decade, and only the third time in at least 50 years. But the real story may have been the extremely sluggish retail market in February. Auto makers sold 778,189 light vehicles last month, 13.3% more than like-2009. But the double-digit gain, which was largely the result of larger-than-usual fleet volumes, fell below expectations, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.