TRW buys LucasVarity CLEVELAND — TRW Inc., a supplier of air bags, seatbelts and other car parts, acquires London-based brake maker LucasVarity plc for US$7 billion. The acquisition comes on the heels of LucasVarity's rejection of a US$6.5 billion cash and stock offer from Federal-Mogul Corp. of Southfield, Michigan. TRW calls the deal the largest cash transaction in the automotive supply industry, a transaction which amounts to about US$47.35 a share. The combined company is expected to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.