Mazda signs on to 6-Sigma program DEARBORN, Michigan, U.S.A. — Mazda Motor Corp. officials were slated to meet to discuss the Japan-based automaker's implementation of Ford Motor Co.'s quality improvement initiative, Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma. Mazda North America already is on board, but the involvement of its parent means all pillars of the Ford organization use the system, which is expected to save US$300 million this year. In 2000, it helped Ford realize savings worth US$52 million. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.