Firestone tire fiasco far from over DETROIT — The Wilderness tire debacle will continue, industry insiders say, likely adding to Ford Motor Co. coffers and threatening the existence of the Firestone brand. Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. says its decision to replace nearly 900,000 tires deemed defective by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. demonstrates a resolve to "move forward." NHTSA has declared 3.5 million Firestone Wilderness tires are subject to tread separation, but the tire ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.