Ford plans new V-6, will build more V-8s DEARBORN — Ford Motor Co. plans to build an all-new family of V-6 engines to replace the 3.0L Vulcan in the Taurus and the solid, but low-tech, 3.8L V-6 currently offered in the Windstar, WAI has learned. The engine is just one in a series of new engine developments now underway at Ford. The company also plans to announce later this month a major boost in V-8 engine production at its Windsor, Ontario, Canada, engine plant — the second time it has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.