DaimlerChrysler drops plans for full-size SUV AUBURN HILLS — DaimlerChrysler Corp. kills plans for a full-size sport/utility vehicle (SUV) (codename DR74) off the Dodge Ram platform for 2004. The decision to drop DR74 is said to be a proactive cost-cutting move. DC officials will not confirm the cancellation of DR74 (a future product they did not confirm existed in the first place). But an official says a Ram SUV is a proposal that has been “on and off again for several years,” dating back ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.