Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.’s new Veracruz cross/utility vehicle sold in North America is not affected by a recall ordered by South Korea’s ministry of construction and transportation. The recall affects 6,286 Veracruz diesel models that failed government crash tests. The ministry reports that in head-on collision testing the fuel pump was damaged and could result in fuel leakage outside the engine compartment. Hyundai invested $233 million over 49 months to develop its first-ever 3L V-6 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.