North American light-vehicle manufacturers will improve on their year-ago capacity utilization rate for the fourth consecutive quarter in the October-December period. The performance will cap off a year of rebound in which capacity utilization is projected to finish at 79.0%, up from 2001’s 74.0%. Last year’s results marked a sharp decline from 2000’s 83.3%. (view related data: Ward's NA 4th Quarter Capacity) Ward’s projects the fourth-quarter utilization rate at 76.4%, well ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.