North American manufacturers will have the straight-time capability to build 19.499 million cars and trucks for the ’04 model year, less than 1% above what they could produce in ’03. The net increase largely is due to the addition of 300,000 units at Nissan North America Inc.’s new plant in Canton, MS. General Motors Corp., Toyota Motor Mfg. U.S.A. Inc. and Honda of America Mfg. Inc. also had small increases for the ’04 model year. (See related data: North American ’04 Model Changeover ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.