North American manufacturers will produce an estimated 1.589 million vehicles in March, some 42,000 units, or 2.6%, less than what was scheduled for the month. Ward’s estimates March car and truck production at 9.4% above like-2003’s production of 1.452 million. However, there are two additional production days in March (23), compared with last year that account almost to the unit for the volume increase. There will be shortfalls from schedule in both cars and trucks. Cars are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.