North American manufacturers are on pace for a slight production overbuild in March from what was scheduled at the beginning of the month, despite bloated inventory for some manufacturers and flat demand in the U.S., their biggest market. March production is estimated at 1.486 million units, nearly 16,000 vehicles above plan. The estimate is 7.9% below year-ago’s 1.624 million. However, the drop from year-ago is not as dramatic as it seems. The Easter weekend this year falls in March ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.