ASHVILLE, NC – General Motors Corp. has negotiated with Toyota Motor Corp. for increased output of the Pontiac Vibe for ’03, says Linda M. Pesonen, managing director-GM small cars. New United Motor Mfg. Inc. (NUMMI) will supply 52,000 Vibes this year, but under the new agreement will increase output to 65,000 units in 2003 (see related story: Vibe Nears Production Launch). The average transaction price for the Vibe this year is $19,000, Pesonen says. About 75% of sales have been the base ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.