New Zealand new-car sales dropped 5.2% to 73,397 units in 2008, while commercial-vehicle deliveries slid 4.3% to 23,933, vs. year-ago, The Motor Industry Assn. reports. Sales of new vehicles started off strong in 2008, but from July onward registered a decline compared with like-2007. Passenger cars had their lowest annual result since 2003. December new-car sales fell 6.1% to 5,224 units, from prior-year, while commercial-vehicle deliveries slid 6.1% to 1,597. “It’s a reality that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.